[CWB] ERROR: CQP backend startup failed

egobrc at gmail.com egobrc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:41:01 CET 2015

Hi Andrew, first of all thanks for your answer.
I logged in as apache user (in my case is wwwrun since it is a Suse SLES 11
Linux) and cqp is included in $PATH because it is in /usr/local/bin. I also
tried to run cqp logged in as wwwrun and it starts normally, printing out "CQP
version 3.0.0" as usual.

To get CQPweb version i found:

 define('CQPWEB_VERSION', '3.1.13');

in CQPweb/lib/environment.inc.php; if it can be of some help, I used svn
checkout to download the software.
Am I using wrong versions of CQP and/or CQPWeb? In my environment CWB will
not be used in English.

Have a nice day.

One think comes to mind: is the CQP executable on the PATH of the
username that Apache runs under? If not,  then that’s the problem, and
you need to add the path to the location of the executable to the
CQPweb configuration file.